You can set your personal settings to use your personal meeting room for all scheduled meetings, and alter the settings for the personal meeting room to have the Sign in to Zoom authentication selected as the default. (These settings will carry over to your Zoom app and the Outlook plug-in.)
Here are the steps:
- Go to https://bloomu.zoom.us and sign in using your BU credentials.
- Click on Settings/select Settings in the menu.
- Click Schedule Meeting in at left of the settings available
- In that section, make sure these 3 options are selected-
- Enable Personal Meeting ID
- Use Personal Meeting ID when scheduling a meeting
- Use Personal Meeting ID when starting an instant meeting
- Click on the Personal Meeting Room link to go edit those settings.
- On the Personal Meeting Room page, click Edit.
- Change whatever settings you want for all your meetings, and also change the authentication drop down to Sign in to Zoom. It looks greyed out but I promise you can change it.
- Click Save.
- Sign out of the Zoom app (and Outlook if you have the plug-in) and sign back in (and open up Outlook again).
This is what happens once you do this:
Once you sign back into the Zoom app with SSO, and try to schedule a new meeting in it, here is what you should see:
Your Meeting ID should automatically be your personal meeting ID, and if you click on Advanced Options, the Sign in to Zoom authentication will be the authentication method.
This should be automatic for every new meeting scheduled in the app, and for every instant meeting started in the app.
Once you open Outlook back up and try to schedule a meeting, here is what you will see:
When scheduling a meeting with the Outlook plug-in, you should see the Meeting ID should automatically be your personal meeting ID, and if you click on Advanced Options, the Sign in to Zoom authentication will be the authentication method.
This should be automatic for every new meeting scheduled in Outlook, and for every instant meeting started in Outlook.
Anyone can do this to enable the Sign in to Zoom authentication automatically for their meetings. (If they want to enable BU or PASSHE only, they can change that setting per meeting. If faculty do this, we recommend they edit the authentication setting for each of their CLASS meetings.)