- Access & Accounts
- Need Help?
Access & Accounts
To access BOLT, navigate to https://bolt.bloomu.edu and click on BU Account Login. This will take you to the HuskyID Single Sign-On page. Enter your Husky ID and password.
Your BOLT username and password are your HuskyID which you use for all the Bloomsburg University network systems.
- HuskyID: Complete BU email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: HuskyID password
You can't change your password in BOLT. Your password is the same password you use for BU email, network access, and MyHusky. If you need to change your password, click the 'Forgot My Password' button on the HuskyID Single Sign-On page. Please read the directions on the Password Change page carefully as changing this password will change your campus network password too.
New incoming Fall freshmen generally have access in early June. Summer start freshmen registered for courses will generally have access to BOLT the Thursday before summer session begins. Finally, transfer students starting in the Fall semester generally gain access to BOLT two weeks prior to the start of the Fall semester.
Generally, graduates lose access to BOLT one month into the semester they graduated the following year.
- Fall grads will be removed one month after the Fall semester starts the following year.
- Spring grads will be removed one month after the Spring semester starts the following year.
- Summer grads will be removed one month after Summer session starts the following year.
- Spring 2015 graduates would lose access February 2016
- Summer 2015 graduates would lose access June 2016
- Fall 2015 graduates would lose access September 2016
No, alumni do not have access to BOLT. BOLT accounts are tied to your Husky email accounts. Alumni do not have Husky email.
You can sign up for an EduDentity account and export your ePortfolio to myDesire2Learn. This will allow you to access and modify your ePortfolio outside of BOLT after graduation. For more information on how to do this, please see the myDesire2Learn Access widget on the BOLT My Home page upon logging into BOLT.
BOLT will be unavailable the 2nd Sunday of every month from 1:00AM to 7:00AM EST for regularly scheduled maintenance.
If the maintenance window has passed and you still see the maintenance page, there could be several reasons why:
- If maintenance goes over the allotted time, which can happen but is rare, you will still encounter the page until maintenance is complete.
- The page is cached in your browser. To clear it and access BOLT, try clearing your browser cache.
Your courses are available by clicking on the Select a course icon at the top of the page in BOLT. It looks like a grid. We recommend pinning the current semester's courses so they show up in your My Courses widget. You can also find your courses via the My Courses widget.
Students are put into courses approximately two weeks prior to the start of a semester or session. However, courses may or may not be available in BOLT. Professors must activate courses in BOLT before students can access them.
If a course is not showing up in BOLT,
- You just registered for the course via MyHusky. It takes 24-48 hours for the course to show up in BOLT after registering.
- Your professor has not made the course active for students yet in BOLT.
- Your professor is not using BOLT for the course.
- You don't have it pinned to your My Courses widget. Follow the directions in the Welcome to Daylight widget with the stop sign.
For information on how to register your clicker in BOLT, see the Student Clicker Registration widget on the My Home page in BOLT.
No. Once you register your clicker via BOLT, it will stay registered to you. You should check your subscription, though. Subscriptions are required for students to receive credit for responding via clickers in class.
We have 24/7/365 BOLT Support from our vendor. Just call 1-866-921-0473 for assistance. You can also access help by clicking on the Need Help? widget on the My Home page in BOLT. It is located on the right side of the page.
The widget includes a Live Chat feature to chat with a technical support representative. Just fill in your information and you will be talking live to someone in minutes. There is also a knowledge base available with information on how to complete tasks in or troubleshoot BOLT.
Please browse our student support website. We have a number of pages with help docs and videos for students. If you still need assistance, or if you need to troubleshoot a problem in BOLT, you can contact BOLT Support.
24/7 Collaborate Ultra support is available at 1-877-382-2293.
For help with Zoom, go to https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us