There are two ways to do this in BOLT right now based on when the assignment folder was created in the course or copied into the course from an old one.
If you created assignments or copied the course prior to August 22, you will have the old version of the Turnitin integration in the assignments.
If you created assignments or copied the course after August 22, you will have the new version of the Turnitin integration in the assignments.
The versions have the same functionality. The only difference is in the set up.
- In Assignments, edit an assignment and select the checkbox beside "Enable Originality Check for this folder" on the Properties tab under the assignment Name.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Properties tab to where Originality Check Options are. You may need to click "Show Advanced Originality Checking Options".
- Select options based on your needs.
- Select the checkbox beside “Allow submitters to see Originality Reports” if you want students to see the result of the plagiarism check. Please note, you will need to select this if you want students to see your feedback and markup in GradeMark!
- Select a time to make GradeMark feedback available to students .
- Select whether you want all submissions checked automatically, or if you want to identify the submissions to be checked.
- Select the sources you want submissions checked against.
- Select “Allow other files to be checked against submission” to let Turnitin add it to its database to check other papers against (PLEASE NOTE: if you want to enable Originality Check on a DRAFT assignment, you must de-select this option- if you do not, the final paper will show up as heavily plagiarized- against the draft the student submitted!)
- Click to save your work: Save or Save and Close.
- In Assignments, create or edit an assignment and click the Turnitin tab.
- Select the checkbox beside "Enable GradeMark for this folder". You must enable GradeMark to use the Originality Checking (plagiarism checking) feature. You don't have to use GradeMark to assess, but you still must enable it.
- You will see a message that says please wait while we contact Turnitin. Once the message disappears you will be able to make other selections.
- Select how you want GradeMark scores to transfer to BOLT if you are using GradeMark.
- Select the checkbox beside "Enable Originality Check for this folder".
- Choose whether to display the similarity score to students. Please note they will see this if you use GradeMark and they go out to Turnitin Feedback Studio to view your comments and markup.
- Select whether you want to automatically check all submissions or identify individual submissions to check.
- Click More Options in Turnitin if you want to modify advanced Turnitin settings for this assignment.
- In the More Options dialog, click Optional Settings.
- Under Submission settings, select appropriate options.
- The drop-down menu allows you to select where to store the submission. (PLEASE NOTE: if you want to enable Originality Check on a DRAFT assignment, you must select "Do not store the submitted papers" option- if you do not, the final paper will show up as heavily plagiarized- against the draft the student submitted!)
- Select what sources to compare the submission against.
- Select options related to the Similarity Report such as when the report is processed and what to exclude from the report.
- Select whether to save the settings for future use (reducing time spent setting up assignments).
- Click Submit.
- Save your work: Click Save or Save and Close.
When Turnitin is enabled, you will see a specific icon beside the assignment's name.