You can schedule meetings from the Zoom portal, the desktop client, or using plug-ins and add-ins to your productivity software.
- From your Zoom profile page, click on Meetings.
- Click Schedule a New Meeting.
- Enter the information for the meeting.
The "Topic" will be the name of the meeting. If for a class, make sure it's clear what semester and class the meeting is for. Your portal is NOT specific to each course you need to identify what semester and course the meeting is for in the Topic name. This is to make things easier for you later!
Set the date and time.
Set the duration.
The time zone is set to Eastern by default.
- If you are setting up a Recurring meeting, check the box in front of Recurring meeting, then set the options that best suit your needs.
- No Fixed Time is a great option to have an always available meeting room for things such as office hours, class chats, weekly class meetings, etc. In other words, this is a great multipurpose setting for most online classrooms without cluttering up your portal with multiple instances of the same meeting.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly will create multiple instances of the same meeting with the same Join URL. All of these will be listed in your portal. If you want to select different settings for different instances of your meeting, this option makes sense. Also, with this option you can require registration of the participants for each instance.
- Set meeting options that are applicable.
- Click Save when finished.
- On the screen that appears, you will see an Invite Attendees heading. Highlight the Join URL and type "CTRL+C" or "COMMAND+C" to copy, or right-click and select Copy. You can paste this URL into an email or add it as a content topic in BOLT. Attendees will use this link to join your Zoom meeting when it is time for the meeting.
Zoom Desktop Client and other Plugins
Zoom has directions on how to schedule meetings via the Desktop Client and other methods at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362413-How-Do-I-Schedule-Meetings-