If you're trying to connect to BOLT to publish to a course, or retrieve from one, you will need to add a server.
To add a new server,
- Click the Brightspace Server dropdown.
- Select "-add new server-".
- Select "Yes, check for preconfigured server settings.
- Click Next
- Select "BOLT".
- Enter a name for the server.
- Select "Run connection test".
- Click Next.
Note: If you receive a dialog box for Helper Tool Download then Respondus needs to download a helper tool for browser authentication. Please see directions at the end of this article on steps to resolve this.
- Click the BU Account Login button.
- Enter your HuskyID credentials and click Sign On.
- The server test will run and display results.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Next to step through the publish or retrieval process.
Resolving the Helper Tool Download
If you receive the dialog window to download the Helper Tool you will need to run Respondus in elevated mode.
- On the Helper Tool Download dialog window click on Cancel
- Click Okay on any subsequent error messages
- Close Repondus
- On your desktop right-click on the Respondus 4.0 shortcut icon
- Click Run Elevated
- Respondus will now run and when you are prompted to download the Helper Tool you can click Okay and it will install the Helper Tool and you can continue on with Step 9 (click here to return to Step 9).