Create Group Assignments
You can create group assignments in the Groups tool while setting up your category, or by editing a category.
- When creating a new or editing an existing category, select “Set up assignment submission folders”
- Click Save.
- Enter a Name for the folder.
- Enter the points value for the assignment in the Out Of field.
- Do any of the following:
- To associate the folder with a category, select a Category or click New Category.
- To associate the folder with a grade item in your grade book, select a Grade Item, or click New Grade Item. Note that only numeric grade items can be associated with folders.
- To change the display settings for the folder's grade item, click the Student View Preview context menu, then Edit Display Settings.
- To associate a rubric to the folder, click Add Rubric, or Create Rubric in New Window.
- To provide instructions, in the Instructions rich text field, enter your instructions.
- To allow students to add the folder to their ePortfolio as artifacts, select Allow users to add this folder to their ePortfolio.
- To add attachments, in the Attached Files area, click any of the buttons.
- To change submission options, expand Show Submission Options and modify.
- To receive an email message when a new submission is uploaded to this folder, enter your email address in the Notification Email field.
- Click Add Another if you want to create more group assignment submission folders (and repeat steps 3 through 5), or click Create if you only want to create this one.