Setting Up Groups for Content Release
In some situations you may want to release content modules only to certain students that you specify. The most straightforward way to do this is to create a category / group for those students, and set up release conditions inside the content module. This is a 2-Step process.
Step 1: Create the Groups
To create the groups specifying the students that will need access:
- Access the Manage Groups tool by clicking on the the Communication menu, and then clicking on Groups.
- You can choose to create a new category for the group, or add a group to an existing category. For example, if you typically release different content for a variety of reasons, you may want to create a category called "Student Special Release." For isolated cases in classes that may already use group, you can create a new category to hold a one-off group. From the Manage Groups page, click New Category.
- Specify the category name that will hold the group.
- For full control over enrollment, choose "# of Groups - No Auto Enrollments", and specify the number of groups as 1.
- Click Save.
- From the Manage Groups page, select the drop down arrow next to the category and choose Enroll Users.
- Select the checkbox next to the user(s) that should be enrolled in this group, and click Save.
Step 2: Create Content Release Condition
- From the content module or item, select "Add dates and restrictions..." to create a new release condition.
- Under Release Conditions, click Create.
- From the popup, select Condition Type of Group enrollment, and select the group you created in Step 1. Then click Create.
- Once you have added any conditions, click Update.
- When complete, you will see the release condition listed with the content item, as shown below.
Once finished, the content item will only display to users who match the release condtions, in our example they must be a member of the "Asgardian Native Speakers" category.