With the Mediasite Zoom Cloud integration you can automatically copy recordings from the Zoom Cloud to My Mediasite and also choose to add them to your Brightspace course Mediasite Course Channel.
The Mediasite Course Channel is a way to provide ALL video content added to MyMediasite for the course in one big playlist container to students. For more information about this and the MyMediasite integration with Brightspace, see https://bloomuimdc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/35000207081
To do this,
- In your Brightspace course, click Resources.
- Click Mediasite Course Channel. (This is necessary to CREATE the channel for your course. You won't be able to add anything from MyMediasite to the channel until you click this to create it. Once you do this, you don't have to do it again in that course.)
- The Mediasite Course Channel will load in the Brightspace frame.
- Click the name of the course to go back to the course homepage.
- In the browser address bar, select and copy the number that follows the "home/" portion of the web address of your course. This is what we call the Brightspace course ID number or ou#.
- In the Zoom portal at https://commonwealthu-edu.zoom.us edit or create a meeting.
- Scroll down past Meeting Options and select Yes in the Copy to Mediasite drop down menu.
- In the "Course ID number from Brightspace" field, paste the ou# you copied in step 5 above.
- Click Save.
Once the recordings process from Zoom Cloud to Mediasite, they will show up in the Mediasite Course Channel for your course, and also in your Presentations in MyMediasite.
This process can take some time depending on the length of the recording and the complexity of the captioning in Zoom.