BOLT features a new redesigned HTML Editor. You can expect almost the same experience you had previously but with a few new bells and whistles and an updated layout.
Note: The Insert Stuff button icon was updated with a new graphic but the functionality remains the same for inserting various items like Mediasite videos and files.
- Old Insert Stuff Icon
- New Insert Stuff Icon
The new HTML Editor includes the following improvements to existing features:
- Refreshed formatting options
- The Lato font type
- A refreshed color picker
- A refreshed font size menu
- A comprehensive and standard emoticon menu
- A comprehensive and refreshed Symbols menu
- An advanced source code editor
- A refreshed Tables feature, including data sorting
- A refreshed Accessibility Checker
- The Check Accessibility, HTML Source Editor, Preview, and Toggle Full Screen functionalities have now been placed in the top bar
The HTML Editor also includes the following new features:
- Wordcount functionality that includes words, characters, and text selection.
- Context menus while editing to enable quick access to text, link, and image editing options; including advanced image editing options. Note that image editing is not available in all context menus yet.
- A new overflow menu with additional, less frequently used menu options.
The list below outlines what is not included in the HTML Editor:
- Spell check functionality. We recommend using your browser spell check functionality.
- Cut/Copy/Paste functionality. We recommend using your browser hot keys/menus for this functionality.
- Cut: Ctrl+X
- Copy: Ctrl+C
- Paste: Ctrl+V